Public Masses will start again this weekend:
Saturday 4th July - 5.30pm; Sunday 5th - 10.00am.
However, certain regulations must be followed: (These have been produced by the Government and the Conference of Catholic Bishops)
It is vital that if you, or somebody in your household, have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not attend. Symptoms include:
- A high temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss or change to your sense of taste or smell
- Prior to entering the church, hands must be sanitised.
- Face masks must be worn; if you do not have your own, one will be provided.
- The only time the face mask may be removed is to receive the host.
- Social distancing of ONE METRE must be observed.
- You must follow the “ONE WAY” system.
- You must follow the instructions of the stewards.
- Toilets will remain locked.
Some of the liturgy during Mass will be slightly different:
- There will be no singing.
- There will be no offertory procession.
- There will be no sign of peace.
- Communion may only be received in the hand i.e. not on the tongue.
- The collection will take place as you leave the church.
It is hoped that if all goes well, and there are no more changes in the regulations, then weekday Mass will be celebrated Monday to Thursday at 9.15am and Friday at 7.00pm.
Baptisms and weddings are still on hold.
Funerals may take place in church, but numbers attending may be restricted.